OH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, RICOTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
this weekend should be the real celebration of mon anniversaire - joel's coming to the dirty jerz on thursday night and we are going to hit up the town! i will drink beer and wine in every bar princeton has to offer! i want to go to this little authentic mexican place my mom told me about - joel, can we get some coronas and eat delicious burritos? AY AY AY.
i want a pair of black jeans.
Or an almond milk bubble tea.
Or a chai milkshake.
(There are no good pictures of this, but there is this place called Port City Java that as far as I know only exists in Basking Ridge in the YMCA and their chai milkshakes are indescribably delicious. I used to leave school every afternoon senior year and get one. Probably not a good idea, because they're totally horrible for you. BUT WHATEVER. INDULGE.)
I can't wait for hot weather, because I am totally going to be drinking a whole lot of these:
hell yes, blue raz slurpee! you rock my world!
This one has trails, an Audubon Society Nature Center and a Powhatan Indian Museum!
Over the summer, I want to go to Hacklebarney State Park, because they have waterfalls!
Really though. I've almost entirely lost my voice. Things are not looking good. I feel so trapped right now, having been in my room basically the entire weekend. I hate not doing anything all day. I feel so lethargic and lazy. If I don't feel better tomorrow, I am going to be PISSED. And then I will go to the health center - even though they never do anything except interrogate you.
I want a cute umbrella like this:
HOW GOOD DOES THIS LOOK?
Instead I will be sensible. Tonight I shall read and perhaps start a paper and watch
The Darjeeling Limited, cause Joel put it on my external hard drive. :)
- Living in a dormitory. Yesterday, I saw ants in the kitchen. I am so sick of the sound of slamming doors. But really, the thing that is pissing me off the most right now is how completely fucked up their system of heating is. They will blast the god damn heat when it is 40 degrees out, so that my room is literally a sauna and I have to open my window all the way and put my fan on. Yet now, when it is TWELVE GOD DAMN DEGREES OUT, the heat is not on. My window is closed, I am in sweatpants and a sweatshirt and I am literally freezing. Fuck you, Rider. GET YOUR SHIT STRAIGHT.
- Also, right now I have E! on in the background and they are reporting on Anna Nicole Smith's life because it is the 2 year anniversary of her death. They're doing a whole god damn weeklong special on this. What contribution did Anna Nicole Smith ever make to American society, other than marrying a 90 year old, having an embarrassing TV show, using Trimspa and being a complete trainwreck whore? Really.
- Scholarships. I'm applying for two scholarships this spring and if I manage to scoop both - which I highly doubt, because I've learned to hope for the best but expect the worst - I will get $6,000 towards my senior year tuition. Yipee!
- Hot French Vanilla Hot Chocolate: You are better than hot chocolate and don't let anyone tell you differently.
- Alouette Creamy Spreadable Brie (The Herbs Version)
- Dried Cherries:
Why has it taken me so long to truly embrace dried fruit? These are as delicious, if not more so, than raisins. And, um, I love raisins.
- To-Do Lists: It makes me feel so accomplished to check things off!
- V8 Fusion Peach Mango Fruit/Vegetable Juice
- OPI by Sephora Nail Polish: YES YES YES YES. I love nail polish. And Sephora. Except it smells like four thousand different perfumes and makes me gag.
Oh, Tex-Mex chain restaurants, how I love thee! Does this make me declasse? (How do I make an accent aigu in a blog?!) Tonight I will nourish my sick body with deliciously overpriced fajitas and tortilla chips and guacamole. Mmmmmm. One time, around last Halloween, my friend Eliana and I decided to have "Mexican night" and go here for dinner - and follow it up with a bottle of Jose Cuervo. At the restaurant, we told the waiter we were under 21 and then proceeded to demand alcohol nonetheless. It worked. Weird. How illegal. Fajitas are even more delicious with Corona Light. Um, also... there was this really good Mexican restaurant in Fenway Park called El Pelon. It was in a strip of other really delicious looking restaurants that Joel and I had decided that we were going to visit. We had 2 out of about 5 down and then came the glitch in our plan: the whole god damn place burned down. Quel dommage! Joel, we need a new restaurant strip to aspire to dining at. Preferably one with a sushi place.
I am so excited for Valentine's Day, because I get to make Joel a delicious breakfast in bed (which I which I could elaborate on, but he is the only person who even reads this thing). And then we are going to see Friday the 13th and eat a gigantic bucket of movie popcorn! And then we are going to make a lovely dinner together! And then we are going to the North End to get tiramisu from famous Mike's Pastry Shop! Joel, how have you never had tiramisu? YOU HAVE NOT LIVED. God, we are a food-crazy couple.