9.08.2010

UGH.

World's hugest human being. Still trying to be healthy, but labor day weekend kicked my ass so hard. It's whatever.

In other news, I have a new blog obsession, I have a new car, I have taken the GREs and I am going to Iceland in eight days. WHAT?!

I need to make these:


Chocolate Orange Cardamom Espresso Cookies


Grilled Summer Lasagna


Pumpkin Ricotta Cheese Pancakes

And, HARK, another way to use my organic $12 cardamom - AND greek yogurt, which I have made a commitment to enjoying and eating instead of light and fit.
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
  • 1 C non-fat Greek yogurt
  • 4 ripe peaches, peeled
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 1/2 bottle Zinfandel
  • 1/2 C sugar (1/4 splenda, 1/4 real sugar)

Mix the cardamom into the yogurt and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.

Toss the peaches with the lemon juice so they won't oxidize. Put the Zinfandel and sugar into a stainless steel pot over medium heat and bring it to a simmer. Add the peaches and simmer for about 15 minutes, covered. Remove the peaches and reduce the Zinfandel by about half, down to light syrup. Spoon the sauce over the peaches and serve with the yogurt.

I'm sure this would be awesome with pears, also. And since they're in season that is what I'm inclined to substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment