10.05.2010

Pork. And stuff.

I'm hungry. I'm tired. My whole body is rebelling against me. I think my thyroid has up and quit me again, because my entire body, from head to toe, is in excruciating and unceasing pain. NO REALLY. I sneeze or drive over a speed bump and a spasm of pain shoots through me from head to toe. I should probably get bloodwork done tomorrow. I am trying not to get a cold, as Snowbirds has a show this weekend and I would like to actually be able to sing. But everybody is getting sick. Two people I live with are sick. I have a poor immune system, as is. Also, my period is late, which could be a result of a lot of different things. It's whatever, because at least it's fall, and I got paid for my vacation and I'm submitting my applications to grad school on Friday and so many good things will be happening in the future - hopefully all of them involving Dave and my fur coat in some way. For now, I need hand lotion because I am an alligator and I want to make these things:

Spiced Pork with a Bourbon Reduction Sauce:



Honey-Mustard Pork Tenderloin with Kale
(but minus the kale, because yuck):


Cafe au Lait Angel Food Cake:



Oh my gawd. This weekend the Southwest Pinto Bean burgers came out really well and I made my own chipotle sauce (instead of chipotle mayo, because ew) using:

- 1 6 oz container of nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 chipotle in adobo, minced, plus 1/2 T adobo sauce
- 1/2 T mayo, or maybe 1 T, I don't know
- salt, pepper, cumin to taste
- 1/2 t minced garlic

It ruled on the burgers and on the sweet potato fries I made. Saturday, I made grilled cheese with Italian wheat bread, sharp provolone, sliced tomatoes and homemade lower-calorie basil pesto (from Cooking Light mag). It was awesome, but fuck basil is expensive. After that, I made
Maple-Walnut Spice Cookies using the leftover walnuts from my pesto. They rocked. Sunday morning, I made pumpkin pancakes using a recipe from Allrecipes. First time I used vinegar in pancakes, which I was slightly concerned about. They were good, but I had to add a lot more almond milk because the batter was THICK at first and they weren't cooking all the way through. Also, next time I'd want a little more pumpkin flavor. I should probably invest in pumpkin extract. Or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment